Apparent vandalism on Cliki

Discussion of Common Lisp
Jasper

Apparent vandalism on Cliki

Post by Jasper » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:35 pm

By chance i came across FMOD and CL-FMOD the page is vandalized to be blank.. I can't seem to find a revert button.. Looking a bit further this page was also vandalized, and looking at some of the links below there, many of them are blanked too..Some are blanked because it was spam and people didn't know how to delete, though..

Cliki is rather inactive, but still it is a good resource to search for stuff and perhaps if CL ever gets bigger it would be much more useful. And it would be bad for image if we didn't fix it. I am guessing we need a 'revert' and a 'spam' button on there?

findinglisp

Re: Apparent vandalism on Cliki

Post by findinglisp » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Yes, CLiki has had this problem for quite a while. Unfortunately, it suffers from the curse of so much software: people wanted to reimplement the wheel in their favorite language for no good reason. There are far better wiki packages with more features (such as anti-spam/vandalism); they just don't happen to be written in Common Lisp, and so, the Common Lisp community rejects them. If CLiki wasn't so wired into ASDF-Install, it would be better if the community just scrapped it and moved on with another wiki.

That said, you can fairly easily go back to old content simply by selecting an earlier version of the page you wish to revert to, hitting Edit Page, and then Save.
Cheers, Dave
Slowly but surely the world is finding Lisp. http://www.findinglisp.com/blog/