File permission issue with LispIDE

Discussion of other useful tools
silver7017

File permission issue with LispIDE

Post by silver7017 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:41 pm

I'm trying to use LispIDE, and I'm running into some strange issues with reading file. I can't seem to tell what I'm doing differently to cause the two different problems, but effectively at random it will either quietly hang or fail outright with some seriously strange messages. At first I thought I was doing something wrong, but textbook (literally out of a textbook) examples also fail every time. I have narrowed it down to being a problem with the IDE because when I run things through REPL using the lisp executable, it works fine. I'm running windows 7, so my assumption is that there is something that windows is doing that is making my file reads fail. Has anyone ran into and resolved this issue already? I'm spinning up a medium sized and a rather large project, so I would like to have a development environment to manage things. Before anyone suggests it, I'm quite allergic to emacs. Alternatively, if anyone knows of a better IDE that is free to use (including for commercial projects) that would work as well.

In case anyone is curious, I'm using the following code:

Code: Select all

(with-open-file (in "C:\\things\\test\\asdf.txt")
  (format t "~a~%" (read-line in)))
Works flawlessly in bare REPL, but fails every time in LispIDE =(