I am new to this forum and after years of using emacs without much lisp knoweledge I am working on training my elisp now.
I use emacs very often on differnt linux machines.
One thing I try to do is using emacs as an alternative for my keyboard-macro system. I want to use my yasnippets on the system as well.
I am using i3 as my Window-Manager. There is the function "i3-msg focus left" to focus the last used window.
* working in a specific window (browser etc)
* poping up emacsclient with *mymacro*-buffer
* typing phrase (with yasnippet completion
* typing shortcut for the pasting-function
* pasting function kills the paragraph backwards and pastes the killring in the last used window
I tried this, but it does not work:
- Code: Select all
(defun pasting-function ()
(eshell-command "sleep 0.5 && i3-msg focus left && xdotool type %s"(yank)))
Everthing it does is switching to the last window and pasting "%s" there.
Has anyone a short suggestion why this is happening?
Thanks very much for a hint!
Regard Marc Seibert