Now you can practice LISP in BabaCAD freeware

Whatever is on your mind, whether Lisp related or not.
franky

Now you can practice LISP in BabaCAD freeware

Post by franky » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:36 am

As BabaCAD 1.3 has released out, LISP became available for programming in real CAD environment for free. Everyone should know that LISP is mostly used by AutoCAD users to customize CAD and to speed up drafting work. Until now, LISP was available only with full version of AutoCAD but not AutoCAD LT (lite cheaper version). There are some AutoCAD alternatives with LISP support but only for paid premium packages (BricsCAD, DraftSight...). You can read more about LISP for BabaCAD and download software (BabaCAD 1.3 and LISP 1.0 extension) at official website http://www.babacad.com

Pixel_Outlaw

Re: Now you can practice LISP in BabaCAD freeware

Post by Pixel_Outlaw » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm not able to try this (Linux user) but it sounds interesting.
Never played with AutoLISP (too costly) much but I'd imagine being able to use Lisp in a drafting program is pretty much The Best Thing Ever.
I almost went into drafting but got my degree in computer science. I still have a soft spot for precision drawing!

Do you have plans to release a Linux version?
You look at FOSS software like Gimp, which offers extendability and many people quite happily hammer out routines in Scheme.
It is up to you to make the decision to go open source or not. At any rate, I do love that people can program programs - that is important for your true power users!

franky

Re: Now you can practice LISP in BabaCAD freeware

Post by franky » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:35 am

Pixel_Outlaw wrote:I'm not able to try this (Linux user) but it sounds interesting.
Never played with AutoLISP (too costly) much but I'd imagine being able to use Lisp in a drafting program is pretty much The Best Thing Ever.
I almost went into drafting but got my degree in computer science. I still have a soft spot for precision drawing!

Do you have plans to release a Linux version?
You look at FOSS software like Gimp, which offers extendability and many people quite happily hammer out routines in Scheme.
It is up to you to make the decision to go open source or not. At any rate, I do love that people can program programs - that is important for your true power users!
You can run BabaCAD on linux with WINE. I haven't tried yet but I got message from one user already tested successfuly. About programming support, there is API library in BabaCAD installation, so develeopers can make their own application based on BabaCAD. Programming environment is MS Visual Studio c++. For quick customizations, I recommend using lisp scripting cause it's much simpler and requires less programming time.