2015's CLisp implementations: Where can I find them?

Discussion of Common Lisp
Lispeth

2015's CLisp implementations: Where can I find them?

Post by Lispeth » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:39 pm

As new CLisp implementations like Clasp appear, I wonder if there is a decent feature (not just *features*) comparison between them available. The CLiki basically lists licenses and names, but it's still more or less a "download them all!". Is there a user group actively working on a "real" comparison in Wikipedia's "Comparison of ..." style? If not, I'm willing to start one.

I recently switched from SBCL to Clozure for no good reasons and I'm positive to switch to Clasp some time for no good reasons again. I just want to know what I'm doing.

Goheeca

Re: 2015's CLisp implementations: Where can I find them?

Post by Goheeca » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:29 am

There is a kind of comparison, lots of text fewer tables. It could be out of date, I haven't inspected that.
cl-2dsyntax is my attempt to create a Python-like reader. My mirror of CLHS (and the dark themed version). Temporary mirrors of aferomentioned: CLHS and a dark version.

Lispeth

Post by Lispeth » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:39 am

I found that one to be quite useful, but it doesn't have Clasp (and probably other implementations are missing too). :)

edgar-rft

Post by edgar-rft » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:04 am

The ANSI Common Lisp Standard hasn't changed since 1994, so there are not much "new" things to miss. AFAIK Christian Schafmeister's Clasp is the only new Common Lisp implementation since Dan Weinreb's Lisp Survey in 2010.

Here a list of things I remember from the last few years that are not covered by the Lisp survey:
  • Clozure CL (CCL) - Zach Beane (quicklisp) works now at Clozure Associates.
  • Corman CL - has been open-sourced in early 2015, see this post here in the Lisp forum.
  • Embeddable CL (ECL) - Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll has stepped back as the main developer of ECL, which is now maintained by Daniel Kochmanski and a group of other volunteers.
  • GNU CL (GCL) - has been resurrected by Camm Maguire in 2013. There have been some new releases since Dan Weinreb's Lisp survey.
- edgar

mcheema

Post by mcheema » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:23 am

For me on OS X clozure lisp has been the easiest to use. I assume if one can afford lispworks hobbiest edition that would be better. I believe clozure works on windows too.