define self-biulding function library with lispworks

Discussion of Common Lisp
lambdax

define self-biulding function library with lispworks

Post by lambdax » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:07 am

Recently I started to study to use lispworks (personal 6.1.1, you can advise me to use other tools). I want to biuld a function library in lispworks. How to do it? It is worth studying a computer language further, I think, only if we can make a self-biulding library.

the following picture is the interface of lispworks.

pjstirling

Re: define self-biulding function library with lispworks

Post by pjstirling » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:45 am

Your question isn't particularly clear, but my understanding of the personal edition of LispWorks is that it limits your programs so that you can't generate code, in general (this is to preserve their income from the professional version).

Also, your image is showing some advert in Chinese so I can't see it.

lambdax

Post by lambdax » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:00 am

pjstirling wrote:Your question isn't particularly clear, but my understanding of the personal edition of LispWorks is that it limits your programs so that you can't generate code, in general (this is to preserve their income from the professional version).
I just uninstalled it. I will use other tools for lisp. So what ide (or compiler, tool) do you use for lisp programming?

In fact I meant that I wanted to edit and save a fuction library (may be a .lisp file with many definitions of functions), then I could call any function in the library, in the command window, when I wanted.

aidlt

Post by aidlt » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:41 pm

SBCL is the most active free implementation, and a very efficient one. You could also try CLISP or CCL. As an IDE I use vim + slimv, but the vast majority chooses Emacs + Slime.

The way you put it, your library should work with any implementation. The function LOAD loads specified lisp file executing the code inside, so you'll have all your functions there. However, usually libraries are organised as ASDF systems.