How do I define a keyword as a integer constant?

Discussion of Common Lisp
joeish80829

Re: How do I define a keyword as a integer constant?

Post by joeish80829 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:39 am

You mentioned "You cannot. There is no "direct" way to associate a "value" to a keyword without some indirection" is there a way inolving redirection that would be under .10 seconds per million iterations...I could sure use an example

marcoxa

Post by marcoxa » Mon May 12, 2014 5:13 am

joeish80829 wrote:You mentioned "You cannot. There is no "direct" way to associate a "value" to a keyword without some indirection" is there a way inolving redirection that would be under .10 seconds per million iterations...I could sure use an example
I go by the maxim "first get it right, then get it fast". What you want is the constant which you initialize beforehand. It's the right way to do it. Forget about the keyword (or hack Emacs/Slime highlighting).

If you want you can do

Code: Select all

(defenum foo ((baz #.(cffi:foreing-enum-value 'foo :baz))) ; etc
Now you will have a mapping to the "constant" BAZ. AFAIU It cannot become faster than that.

Cheers
--
MA
Marco Antoniotti

joeish80829

Post by joeish80829 » Thu May 15, 2014 5:07 am

How would I fix emacs highlighting to see constants highlighted...also the package prefixes aren't getting highlighted e.g. gc:test, the gc: is the same color as "test"

joeish80829

Post by joeish80829 » Thu May 15, 2014 5:07 am

How would I fix emacs highlighting to see constants highlighted...also the package prefixes aren't getting highlighted e.g. gc:test, the gc: is the same color as "test"

marcoxa

Post by marcoxa » Fri May 16, 2014 1:31 am

joeish80829 wrote:How would I fix emacs highlighting to see constants highlighted...also the package prefixes aren't getting highlighted e.g. gc:test, the gc: is the same color as "test"
Well, well, well... I don't know. I just know it is possible. The only enlightened and wise answer is thus: RTFM (either Emacs highlighting, or ask the slime guys) :mrgreen:
Marco Antoniotti