ReadyLisp helpp

Discussion of programming Lisps using Emacs, including SLIME and other tools
err

ReadyLisp helpp

Post by err » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:31 am

What files does ReadyLisp read on startup?

I'm extremely frustrated that I cannot edit my .emacs file in my home directory and have changes made to the aquamacs environment.

For instance, I'm messing around with some OCaml and want to add a tuareg-mode, but more importantly, want to use pretty-lambda when i'm coding in Lisp. when i edit my .emacs file, i get nothing.
I've moved the .emacs files to several directories (/, /Applications/Ready\ Lisp/Contents/)

so.. i'm lost there. any advice? (i'm already about to dredge through the manual)

secondly, and perhaps less pressing but more annoying, is this issue i created for myself when i cleaned out my .emacs.d directory (oops!)

now at every startup or shutdown sequence of Aquamacs, i get the " 'end of file during parsing' while saving the history" question. which i've tolerated these past few weeks but i figure if i'm gonna ask one question i may as well ask two..

eric\

[EDIT] so i've discovered the site-lisp/ directory in the Ready\ Lisp.app/Contents/Resources/ , and created a default.el within that directory.. to no avail.

[EDIT2] okay well i got the greek features working with a pretty ugly cut 'n paste job into init-lisp.el .. not exactly what i was shooting for, and it doesn't work in the REPL without messing up SLIME's font highlighting (i suppose this has to do with me hooking it to lisp-mode .. but i'm such a hook newb that it'll be some time before i bother to research how to fix this one) .. but i can live without the pretty-lambda in my REPL.
Last edited by err on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exolon

Re: ReadyLisp helpp

Post by Exolon » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:46 am

Hi Eric,

I use AquaMacs and it seems totally fine. Are you sure it's not reading your ~/.emacs? Make sure you open that path in AquaMacs, just in case it's looking somewhere else (C-x C-f ~/.emacs).

Code: Select all

Lyrebird:disks oisin$ cat ~/.emacs
(setq mac-function-modifier 'meta)
(setq mac-option-modifier nil)
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/sbcl")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/lib/lisp/slime/")
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)
Also, I have no .emacs.d (at least not in my home directory and 'locate' tells me nothing.

Oisín

err

Re: ReadyLisp helpp

Post by err » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:57 am

I'm pretty sure it isn't reading my ~/.emacs file
... i've written some pretty broken code in there, expecting it to signal some errors during initialization, but to no avail.

i am thinking it has to do with Ready Lisp .. they bundle everything together so neatly that there just has to be some trouble afoot